Competition Dates - From:
|Tuesday, May 06, 2014
|Friday, May 16, 2014
|Manager, External Facing Applications
|Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
Reporting to the Director of Architecture and New Technology, the Manager of External Facing Applications is directly responsible for all aspects of client facing products as part of the new digital team. This role is not limited to the traditional development and maintenance of the products but includes focus in the areas of user experience, customer insights, analytics, Mobile, and Social.
This key position will deliver to Medavie’s digital strategy, while leveraging their resources to deliver technology solutions and support to clients. As an Manager, External Facing Applications, your key responsibilities will include:
As the ideal candidate, you possess the following qualifications:
- Following best User experience practices to enable intuitive experiences across all digital channels.
- Leverage customer feedback, other analytics and digital trends to drive enhancements to the client facing products.
- Work collaboratively with the various stakeholder departments to propose product roadmaps and obtain consensus.
- Act as Application Development contact for key corporate projects and initiatives. Working closely with key project and business resources to deliver solutions.
- Represent team on key corporate programs including development concepts, resourcing, time lines and objectives.
- Lead a staff of direct reports and cross-functional resources in support of team and project deliverables within departmental and industry standards.
- Develop and execute the plans in support of product roadmaps.
- Provide coaching to team members.
- Understanding the business in which the products are used
- Understand and approve key Technology decisions for Digital Product
- Provide technical guidance to project teams and participate in working groups to achieve key departmental objectives.
- Work closely with Director on overall delivery and operations and create budget and monitor expenses.
Post-secondary degree in computer science, business, or related field
: Ten years’ experience in implementing complex technology solutions in a team environment.
: Experience in project planning, execution and monitoring
: Extensive exposure to IT solution based development
: Bilingualism is considered an asset
You also demonstrate the following core competencies:
Values and Ethics
: Reflects a commitment to employees, customers and key corporate stakeholders in own and unit activities. Fosters a climate of transparency, trust and respect and encourages learning and growth.
Shares information vertically and horizontally and promotes collaboration among cross-functional teams. Encourages open, constructive communication of diverse perspectives.
: Optimizes diversity among team members to build strong teams with complementary strengths. Develops and supports career plans and learning opportunities. Fulfills obligations of human resource management.
Provides input into the creation of functional strategy for department and develops annual business plans. Coordinates information from multiple projects to form a comprehensive perspective and identifies interdependencies across projects. Tracks changing priorities and analyzes impact on unit work plans.
Assigns work, manages resources, and sets realistic timeframes while identifying financial and human resource requirements. Makes timely decisions and manages risk.
: Manages and monitors project budgets. Applies and monitors financial systems for cost accounting.
Dedicated to meeting the expectations of customers and stakeholders. Establishes and maintains effective relationships.
Knowledgeable in applying technology trends to corporate strategy and business requirements.
If you are interested in working with a team of professionals in a challenging role and you possess the necessary qualifications, please follow the instructions for applying online via the Medavie Blue Cross Corporate website by clicking on the link below.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Citizenship - Useful Information
Please indicate in your application the reason you are entitled to work in Canada: Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit.
Reliability screening will be required.
Medavie Blue Cross is an equal opportunity employer.