Competition Dates - From:
|Friday, February 21, 2014
|Thursday, March 13, 2014
|Batch Analyst/Back up Quick Pay CSR
|Saint John, NB
|Full Time, Temporary
“Improving lives through our products and services, people and expertise.”
Recognized as one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Medavie Blue Cross understands each one of its 1,900 employees plays a key role in building a strong and successful organization. Throughout the six provinces in which we operate, we know our people make a difference in our customers’ lives each day. We encourage our employees to be involved and to support activities that allow for personal and professional growth and development. As a not-for-profit organization, we also place a high priority on giving back to the communities in which we live.
If you are looking for an opportunity in a challenging, fast-paced and team-oriented work environment with a leading local organization, the career you’ve been looking for may be waiting for you at Medavie Blue Cross.
Working in a fast paced environment, the Batch Analyst’s main responsibilities include data entry and the processing of health and dental claims. The position will also provide backup relief to Quick Pay office, which includes providing face-to-face customer service and claims processing to meet the needs of walk-in customers.
As a Batch Analyst, your key responsibilities will include:
As the ideal candidate, you possess the following qualifications:
- Accessing and receiving claims through a scanned image/paperless environment;
- Processing health and dental claims, including data entry with high attention to detail;
- Ensuring all details are provided to process and approve claims;
- Asking questions to determine and clarify details on claim submissions; and
- Organizing work and information to ensure claims are paid accurately and efficiently.
Post-secondary education in a related field
Minimum six months work experience in an office and customer service environment.
Knowledge of claims processing, eligibility and claims systems, as well as medical terminology and previous experience adjudicating claims or customer service experience would be considered an asset.
Experience working with the Microsoft Office Suite and Lotus Notes
Bilingualism in French and English is considered an asset.
You also demonstrate the following core competencies:
- Enjoy working with the public and are committed to excellent customer service;
- Actively participate in a team by asking for feedback, sharing information and encouraging others to share information;
- Organize work and information in a well thought-out manner ensuring deadlines are met;
- Are able to set and work through list of priorities in a timely manner;
- Can regularly handle routine customer questions and problems independently;
- Able to use business knowledge and experience to solve routine problems. Ask questions to determine the sources of the problem;
- Have high attention to detail;
- Capable of handling and processing claims transactions accurately and efficiently;
- Ability to work flexible hours when required;
- Have the ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure of time restraints;
- Have previous experience with cash deposits, customer service, insurance, medical terminology and data entry.
If you are interested in working with a team of professionals in a challenging role and you possess the necessary qualifications, please apply below.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Citizenship - Useful Information
Please indicate in your application the reason you are entitled to work in Canada: Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit.
Reliability screening will be required.
Medavie Blue Cross is an equal opportunity employer.