Competition Dates - From:
|Thursday, October 24, 2013
|Thursday, October 31, 2013
|Full-time, term (12 month)
|Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
“Improving lives through our products and services, people and expertise.”
Recognized as one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Medavie Blue Cross understands each one of its 1,700 employees plays a key role in building a strong and successful organization. Throughout the six provinces in which we operate, we know our people make a difference in our customers’ lives each day. We encourage our employees to be involved and to support activities that allow for personal and professional growth and development. As a not-for-profit organization, we also place a high priority on giving back to the communities in which we live.
If you are looking for an opportunity in a challenging, fast-paced and team-oriented work environment with a leading local organization, the career you’ve been looking for may be waiting for you at Medavie Blue Cross.
This position will be responsible for daily cash flow management of the Company as well as various daily and monthly reconciliations of bank accounts and other accounting functions.
As a Financial Analyst your key responsibilities will include:
As the ideal candidate, you possess the following qualifications:
- Preparing account reconciliations and journal entries to account for the company’s activities
- Participating in the financial reporting activities on a monthly basis;
- Perform analysis of accounting information and treasury/banking specific information
- Participate in the preparation of departmental budgets as well as monthly variance analysis of certain departments;
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation and continue moving towards automation of the bank reconciliation process;
- Help ensure the banking process meet ongoing changes in the Company's requirements;
- Preparation and balancing of daily bank deposits and transfers;
- Distribute incoming payments to appropriate account;
- Backup for balancing pharmacy claim payment files to the claims systems for all programs.
: post-secondary degree in business and or accounting
: three years’ experience in the accounting field
: Must have strong technical abilities, be proficient in spreadsheet preparation and be comfortable in a computerized accounting setting
: Bilingualism in English and French will be considered an asset.
: Advanced Excel skills and knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite.
You also demonstrate the following competencies:
A detail-oriented person with strong time management skills and an ability to learn new processes quickly by asking questions.
: Uses logic and methods to solve problems and determine effective solutions.
: Communicates clearly and effectively with internal and external clients and provides accurate and timely information so that clients can make accurate decisions.
: Provide excellent and courteous customer service.
: Strong interperson skills, positive attitude and ability to work in a group or independantly
If you are interested in working with a team of professionals in a challenging role and you possess the necessary qualifications, please follow the instructions for applying online via the Medavie Blue Cross Corporate website by clicking on the link below.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Citizenship - Useful Information
Please indicate in your application the reason you are entitled to work in Canada: Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit.
Reliability screening will be required.
Medavie Blue Cross is an equal opportunity employer.