Competition Dates - From:
|Monday, October 21, 2013
|Wednesday, November 20, 2013
|Team Leader, Case Management Services
“Improving lives through our products and services, people and expertise.”
Recognized as one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Medavie Blue Cross understands each one of its 1,900 employees plays a key role in building a strong and successful organization. Throughout the six provinces in which we operate, we know our people make a difference in our customers’ lives each day. We encourage our employees to be involved and to support activities that allow for personal and professional growth and development. As a not-for-profit organization, we also place a high priority on giving back to the communities in which we live.
If you are looking for an opportunity in a challenging, fast-paced and team-oriented work environment with a leading local organization, the career you’ve been looking for may be waiting for you at Medavie Blue Cross.
Reporting to the Manager, Case Management Services, the incumbent in this role is responsible for leading a team of Disability Claim Specialists and Case Management Coordinators who provide claim, medical and rehabilitation services to disabled employees. The incumbent also ensures the team meets productivity and quality standards; plans, coordinates and directs team members’ training and development programs and assesses workflow and operating procedures to devise the most efficient and effective methods of accomplishing the work to meet policy and client requirements.As a Team Leader, Case Management Services your key responsibilities will include:
As the ideal candidate, you possess the following qualifications:
- Assisting team members in determining direction and procedures for complex claims by providing information, answering questions and requests;
- Conducting goal setting with individual team members, developing performance reviews and assisting with action planning and career development;
- Participating in recruiting, selecting, orienting and training employees and maintaining a safe, secure, and positive work environment;
- Communicating with clients, claimants, attorneys, physicians and senior staff regarding complex or contentious claims;
- Monitoring the use of key adjudication resources such as surveillance, rehabilitation and independent medical examinations to ensure the effective use of these tools;
- Attending client meetings and participating in presentations including group renewals, finalist presentations and education sessions with employers;
- Participating in department strategic goals by gathering pertinent business, financial, service and operations information; identifying and evaluating trends and opportunities and defining objectives and evaluating outcomes;
- Contributing to the organization’s effectiveness by offering information and opinions at Team Leader meetings and building and maintaining inter- and intradepartmental relationships; and
- Analyzing and resolving quality and client service problems and identifying trends and recommending system improvements.
Post-secondary education in business, medical or rehabilitation management.
: Two to three years of direct work experience in case management or a previous background in life and disability insurance.
: Insurance designation (LOMA or other) will be considered an asset.
Excellent computer skills and experience working with Microsoft Office and experience working with WITS and Scepter will be considered an asset.
: Bilingualism in English and French will be considered an asset.
You also demonstrate the following leadership accountabilities and competencies:
Values and Ethics
: Acts as a role model and demonstrates Medavie Blue Cross’ core values.
: Promotes collaboration among peers and employees and manages group dynamics in a diverse workforce with employees.
: Coaches employees through regular feedback on how to enhance their performance and optimizes diversity among employees to build a strong team with complementary strengths.
Communicates corporate and team vision and policies and reinforces these with employees.
: Manages employee workload through negotiation timelines, prudent resources planning and prioritizing.
: Implements process improvements to achieve operating efficiencies and value for money.
: Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions, probes all fruitful sources for answers, can see hidden problems, is excellent at honest analysis, looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers.
Good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done, knows how to organize people and activities, understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow, knows what to measure and how to measure it, can see opportunities for synergy and integration where others can't, can simplify complex processes and gets more out of fewer resources.
: Can marshal resources (people, funding, material and support) to get things done, can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal, uses resources effectively and efficiently and arranges information and files in a useful manner.
If you are interested in working with a team of professionals in a challenging role and you possess the necessary qualifications please follow the instructions for applying online via the Medavie Blue Cross Corporate website by clicking on the link below.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Citizenship - Useful Information
Please indicate in your application the reason you are entitled to work in Canada: Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit.
Reliability screening will be required.
Medavie Blue Cross is an equal opportunity employer.