Competition Dates - From:
|Thursday, September 19, 2013
|Thursday, October 03, 2013
|Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
“Improving lives through our products and services, people and expertise.”
Recognized as one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Medavie Blue Cross understands each one of its 1,700 employees plays a key role in building a strong and successful organization. Throughout the six provinces in which we operate, we know our people make a difference in our customers’ lives each day. We encourage our employees to be involved and to support activities that allow for personal and professional growth and development. As a not-for-profit organization, we also place a high priority on giving back to the communities in which we live.
If you are looking for an opportunity in a challenging, fast-paced and team-oriented work environment with a leading local organization, the career you’ve been looking for may be waiting for you at Medavie Blue Cross.
In this position you will be responsible for the production and oversight of the financial statements and reports for Medavie’s Government Business Lines and the accounting related to those lines of business. You will also be responsible for quality assurance of invoices and the preparation and analysis of the annual budget for these business lines. Other responsibilities will include being involved in the external audit process, account balancing and providing support to Management as requested.As a Financial Analyst your key responsibilities will include:
As the ideal candidate, you possess the following qualifications:
- The monthly accounting for the Government business.
- Produce monthly financial statements and reports for our Government Business
- Analyse monthly results for Government business cost centres, report on variances
- Prepare the annual revenue and expense budget for Government business, involving discussion with Senior Management, and input into G/L and maintain its integrity throughout the year.
- Quality Assurance on Government invoices and accounting
- Provide support to Management as requested including detailed analysis, cost centre restructuring and assisting in business cases
- Preparation of the Government account audit files and assisting the external auditors with the preparation of Government business audited Financial Statements
- Provide support to business areas
- Work with the rest of the Finance Team as necessary to meet Finance goals
: degree in Business Administration with a focus in accounting or related field or equivalent experience.
: 2-5 years of relevant work experience or equivalent education
: Enrollment in an Accounting designation such as CGA, CMA or CA would be considered a asset.
: Bilingualism in English and French will be considered an asset.
: Advanced Excel skills and knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite.
You also demonstrate the following competencies:
: A detail-oriented person with strong time management skills and an ability to learn new processes quickly by asking questions.
: Uses logic and methods to solve problems and determine effective solutions.
: Communicates clearly and effectively with internal and external clients and provides accurate and timely information so that clients can make accurate decisions.
: Provide excellent and courteous customer service.
If you are interested in working with a team of professionals in a challenging role and you possess the necessary qualifications, please follow the instructions for applying online via the Medavie Blue Cross Corporate website by clicking on the link below.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Citizenship - Useful Information
Please indicate in your application the reason you are entitled to work in Canada: Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit.
Reliability screening will be required.
Medavie Blue Cross is an equal opportunity employer.