Competition Dates - From:
|Friday, June 28, 2013
|Wednesday, July 10, 2013
|Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
“Improving lives through our products and services, people and expertise.”
Recognized as one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Medavie Blue Cross understands each one of its 1,900 employees plays a key role in building a strong and successful organization. Throughout the six provinces in which we operate, we know our people make a difference in our customers’ lives each day. We encourage our employees to be involved and to support activities that allow for personal and professional growth and development. As a not-for-profit organization, we also place a high priority on giving back to the communities in which we live.
If you are looking for an opportunity in a challenging, fast-paced and team-oriented work environment with a leading local organization, the career you’ve been looking for may be waiting for you at Medavie Blue Cross.
The Trainer is primarily responsible for the training delivery to new and existing employees. He/she assists with the design, development and the organization of the various training modules. He/she maintains records of training activities and employee progress through testing and evaluation and shares results with internal stakeholders. He/she must have high attention to detail and use a positive and creative approach to the facilitation of training in the classroom and through virtual and web-based learning. He/she must be willing and able to travel to all Medavie Blue Cross Locations and / or the regional offices for the Blue Cross plans.As a Trainer your Key Responsibilities will include:
As the ideal candidate, you possess the following Qualifications:
- Supports the training strategy and provides initiatives in accordance with the department's training policy;
- Works collaboratively with key stakeholders in the maintenance of training material (exercise , plan , manual);
- Assists with designing of a range of learning programs to align with operational requirements for effective delivery;
- Validates course design (documentation, flow and style), tests the material and provides feedback;
- Applies the principles of adult learning;
- Requests and ensures that all necessary system access is active prior to the start of the training sessions;
- Has the ability to navigate through change, and to model personal development;
- When delivering the training, applies learning solutions and resources which utilize blended methods and technology;
- Is responsible for the engagement of participants during learning sessions, fostering respect amongst the group creating a supportive environment which is conducive to learning through our professional approach and role modelling;
- Evaluates the transfer of knowledge and skills to employees throughout the training period;
: College diploma or equivalent and / or have a background in a leadership or training environment
: 1 to 3 years of relevant training and facilitation experience through classroom, on-line, virtual and web-based methodologies with a solid understanding of the health and life insurance industry
: Working knowledge of the different systems used by our internal colleagues and their policies and procedures, such as Scepter, ES, POS, MS, etc is considered an asset for this position
: Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products and online tools for the development of training curriculum as well as training and authoring tools with the ability to learn new technology quickly.
: Bilingualism (French and English) required for this position
You also demonstrate the following Core Competencies:
: Able to learn new industry, company, product, or technical knowledge. Provides the information people need to know to do their jobs and to make accurate decisions. Is effective in a variety of settings and can change tactics midstream when something isn’t working.
: Is able to easily make connections among previously unrelated notions, probes fruitful resources for answers. Learns quickly and uses logic and good judgement in decision making for when different situations and skills may call for different approaches.
Possess superior communication skills (oral, written and listening) and are adept at explaining concepts and giving directions
: Is easy to approach and understands the customer needs and how to motivate them. Builds rapport, constructive and effective relationships and spends extra effort to put others at ease
Execution and Organizational Skills
: Is organized and has excellent time management skills with the ability to establish and manage priorities and effectively copes with change
Team Work Skills
: Easily gains trust and support of peers, encourages collaboration and is composed. Seeks and is receptive to feedback and enjoys working with people both as part of a team and one-on-one
If you are interested in working with a team of professionals in a challenging role and you possess the necessary qualifications please follow the instructions for applying on-line via the Medavie Blue Cross Corporate web site by clicking on the link below.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Citizenship - Useful Information
Please indicate in your application the reason you are entitled to work in Canada: Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit.
Reliability screening will be required.
Medavie Blue Cross is an equal opportunity employer.