Competition Dates - From:
|Friday, May 17, 2013
|Monday, June 17, 2013
|Manager Client Solutions - Business Process Optimization
|Etobicoke, ON or Moncton, NB
|Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
“To help improve the health and well-being of people and their communities.”
Recognized as one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Medavie Blue Cross understands each one of its 1,900 employees plays a key role in building a strong and successful organization. Throughout the six provinces in which we operate, we know our people make a difference in our customers’ lives each day. We encourage our employees to be involved and to support activities that allow for personal and professional growth and development. As a not-for-profit organization, we also place a high priority on giving back to the communities in which we live.
If you are looking for an opportunity in a challenging, fast-paced and team-oriented work environment with a leading local organization, the career you’ve been looking for may be waiting for you at Medavie Blue Cross.
We are introducing an innovative operational thinking based on Lean and digital principles at Medavie Blue Cross so we can continue to put the voice of the customer at the heart of everything we do. This position manages a portfolio of transformation and improvement efforts within the Client Solution and Operations division of MBC. The incumbent will be responsible for structuring and facilitating the transition to a value stream oriented organization. The incumbent will work with business unit resources to affect value stream changes and improve our operational practices, offerings with focus on flawless execution. In addition, the incumbent will be responsible for developing and executing key strategic initiatives and charters for the unit using Business process optimization methodologies such as but not limited to Lean, Six Sigma etc. As a Manager Client Solutions your key responsibilities will include:
As the ideal candidate, you possess the following qualifications:
- Manage a portfolio of Business Process improvement and alignment initiatives that are measurable and drive value for Operations (identify opportunities, champion proposals, solution deployment, benefit realization) with a focus towards flawless execution, business process optimization and delightful customer experience.
- Drives transformation to a value stream based & aligned operational units (e.g., customer focus, measures and, drive out waste, improve quality and consistency of work processes, cross-functional line of sight, etc.)
- Prioritize efforts of self and others to maximize impact and effectiveness (clarify process alignment goals, create focus, manage scope, etc.)
- Assess the performance and capability of processes and operational metrics (throughput, cycle time, productivity, waste, etc.)
- Design effective processes and solutions such as value streams, workflow, dashboards, staffing, unit cost measurement, return on investment modelling etc.
- Manage the controlled deployment of process and operational changes (pilots, change control, minimize go-live risks, etc.)
- Minimum bachelor’s degree and 6 to 8 years of relevant experience;
- Hands-on knowledge of Operational excellence fundamentals in the Insurance functional corridors such as Administration with use of methodologies such as Six Sigma, Lean, CMMI or other process improvement methodologies preferred;
- Prior Business Process Management and Operational experience;
- Superior knowledge of Insurance Industry (Group Health, Dental, Life and Disability Income Benefit Plans) practices and operational processes experience;
- Knowledge of Insurance products and back office Insurance processes is a strong asset;
- Superior time management skills;
- Have strong leadership, coaching, communication and presentation skills
- Possess strong analytical skills with high attention to detail;
- Proven ability to manage multiple competing priorities and deadlines;
- Must be willing to travel when required;
- Excellent computer skills including all Microsoft Suite applications;
- Possess excellent negotiation skills and enjoy working in team-based environment; and
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and are flexible to changing prioritie.
Leadership Accountabilities for this role include:
Values and Ethics:
- Initiate process alignment charters, mobilize resources, and manage execution through to completion (managing issues, risk and governance).
- Advanced business case development and operates with a strong understanding of the economics linking inputs to outputs and the value proposition of any work undertaken.
- Builds context by pushing beyond "how things are done" to understand "why" and uncover the underlying principles shaping the business.
- Ability to decompose and solution complex issues, draws out meaningful business insights by synthesizing information from multiple sources leveraging interviews, reports, raw data, etc.
- Optimizes operational productivity (eliminate waste, refine staffing models, third party integration, etc.) and management system effectiveness (value stream alignment, continuous improvement, etc.).
- Interpersonal and leadership experience, drives for change through a strong ability to influence business partners and execute ideas through to completion.
Reflects a commitment to employees, customers and key corporate stakeholders in own and unit activities. Discusses the link between values and company performance in regular meetings
: Influences and negotiates opportunities to enhance outcomes through partnerships. Establishes regular and comprehensive exchange of ideas..
: Develops & supports cross functional career plans & learning opportunities. Optimizes diversity among team members to build strong teams with complementary strengths. Coaches team members through regular feedback & opportunities for them to enhance their skills.
: Makes effective recommendation to Director. Redesigns work unit activities to meet changing needs. Designs solutions to operational problems such as complex customer and staff issues outside routine guidelines and works to fix problems in a timely manner.
: Assigns managerial work, manages resources, customer/accounts or projects. Sets challenging, but realistic goals. Responds quickly and decisively to emerging opportunities or risks. Maintains composure in demanding or stressful situations
: Implements strategies to achieve operating efficiencies and value for money
If you are interested in working with a team of professionals in a challenging role and you possess the necessary qualifications, please follow the instructions for applying online via the Medavie Blue Cross Corporate website by clicking on the link below.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Citizenship - Useful Information
Please indicate in your application the reason you are entitled to work in Canada: Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit.
Reliability screening will be required.
Medavie Blue Cross is an equal opportunity employer.