Competition Dates - From:
|Tuesday, May 14, 2013
|Friday, May 24, 2013
|$31,643 - $39,554
“To help improve the health and well-being of people and their communities.”
Recognized as one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Medavie Blue Cross understands each one of its 1,900 employees plays a key role in building a strong and successful organization. Throughout the six provinces in which we operate, we know our people make a difference in our customers’ lives each day. We encourage our employees to be involved and to support activities that allow for personal and professional growth and development. As a not-for-profit organization, we also place a high priority on giving back to the communities in which we live.
If you are looking for an opportunity in a challenging, fast-paced and team-oriented work environment with a leading local organization, the career you’ve been looking for may be waiting for you at Medavie Blue Cross.
This position is responsible for providing assistance to the Direct Sales representatives, general agents and the Individual Agent Sales Managers to provide the highest level of customer service to new and existing clients, agents and brokers.As a Sales Support Representative, your key responsibilities will include:
As the ideal candidate, you possess the following qualifications:
- Supporting the day to day administrative activities of the business managers, sales representatives and general agents in satisfying customer needs;
- Maintaining a strong relationship with internal and external customers, agents and brokers by handling their inquiries in an efficient manner;
- Playing a key role in the preparation and distribution of product promotional materials, tracking all call and sales activities and ensuring client information is accurate and updated at all times;
- Maintaining databases and producing reports;
- Cross training and providing backup support to others on your team;
- Quickly analyzing customer needs in terms of product purchase and identifying new and future sales opportunities;
- Presenting and articulating product features and benefits to prospects and selling where appropriate (travel); and
- Performing outbound followup calls to prospects to maximize sales potential and conducting post-sale calls to customers in a service capacity.
Post-secondary education in business and/or administration.
: 2-3 years experience in a sales support role.
: Previous experience working in the insurance industry would be considered an asset.
: Skilled in using the Microsoft Office Suite of products.
: Bilingualism is an asset for this position.
You also demonstrate the following core competencies:
Demonstrates knowledge of customer needs and various processes and procedures in own work area as well as a general understanding of processes in related work areas. Has a broad understanding of how Medavie Blue Cross works.
Uses business knowledge and experience to solve routine problems; discusses possible solutions and makes suggestions.
: Communicates clearly and confidently verbally and in writing to a variety of audiences. Demonstrates the ability to tailor information and delivery to suit the nature of the material, audience and situation.
: Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers and relates well to all kinds of people.
Execution and Organizational Skills
: Organizes work and info in a well-thought-out manner to deliver on specific tasks and milestones to meet deadlines. Exhibits high levels of energy and perserverance in the pursuit of established goals.
Team Work Skills:
Demonstrates an understanding of how the job contributes to the overall work unit and helps others with problem situations without being asked.
If you are interested in working with a team of professionals in a challenging role and you possess the necessary qualifications, please follow the instructions for applying online via the Medavie Blue Cross corporate website by clicking on the link below.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Citizenship - Useful Information
Please indicate in your application the reason you are entitled to work in Canada: Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit.
Reliability screening will be required.
Medavie Blue Cross is an equal opportunity employer.