Competition Dates - From:
|Friday, April 19, 2013
|Monday, April 29, 2013
|$31,643 - $39,554
“To help improve the health and well-being of people and their communities.”
Recognized as one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Medavie Blue Cross understands each one of its 1,900 employees plays a key role in building a strong and successful organization. Throughout the six provinces in which we operate, we know our people make a difference in our customers’ lives each day. We encourage our employees to be involved and to support activities that allow for personal and professional growth and development. As a not-for-profit organization, we also place a high priority on giving back to the communities in which we live.
If you are looking for an opportunity in a challenging, fast-paced and team-oriented work environment with a leading local organization, the career you’ve been looking for may be waiting for you at Medavie Blue Cross.
Reporting to the Manager of Operations, Professional and Provider Affairs Unit, the successful candidate will work closely with various Medavie Blue Cross operational departments and provide support and coordination of operational initiatives and projects. As the Business Coordinator, your key responsibilities will include:
As the ideal candidate, you possess the following qualifications:
- Assists with coordination of projects to support delivery of corporate initiatives;
- Contact for day to day management of healthcare consultant, third party suppliers and provider agreements on behalf of both external and internal customers;
- Prepares contracts and service level agreements and process payments for Healthcare Consultants and third party suppliers;
- Prepares correspondence, reports and meeting minutes and enters daily absences into absence tracking system;
- Prepares healthcare consultant and third party financial documents and reports along with customer service Index monthly reports;
- Coordinates delivery of Health Risk Assessments and Focused Nursing products;
- Schedules appointment, arranges meetings for departmental initiatives;
- Resolves escalated provider and consultant concerns for both internal and external customers;
- Monitor and manage consultant and third party expenses and prepare quaterly financial repots on behalf of key internal areas for budgeting purposes; and
- Preparing correspondence to providers regarding approved provider status and distributing appropriate provider kits.
: Post-secondary diploma or degree or equivalent experience.
: Experience in office coordination, contracts and prioritization of workflow with a high level of accuracy and strong attention to detail.
: Demonstrated ability to multitask and remain effective in a fast paced environment.
: Strong working knowledge of MS Office products (including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet).
: Billingualism is considered an asset.
You also demonstrate the following core competencies:
Uses knowledge of business to appropriately manage situations and issues and identify escalation points.
Can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal and can prioritize tasks and objectives effectively.
Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect.
: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers, acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
Execution and Organizational Skills
: Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
Is easy to approach and talk to, pleasant and gracious.
If you are interested in working with a team of professionals in a challenging role and you possess the necessary qualifications, please follow the instructions for applying on-line via the Medavie Blue Cross corporate website by clicking on the link below.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Citizenship - Useful Information
Please indicate in your application the reason you are entitled to work in Canada: Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit.
Reliability screening will be required.
Medavie Blue Cross is an equal opportunity employer.