Competition Dates - From:
|Thursday, April 11, 2013
|Wednesday, April 24, 2013
|Business Readiness Advisor
|Full-Time, Temporary (approximately 12-24 month contract)
|Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
“To help improve the health and well-being of people and their communities.”
Recognized as one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Medavie Blue Cross understands each one of its 1,900 employees plays a key role in building a strong and successful organization. Throughout the six provinces in which we operate, we know our people make a difference in our customers’ lives each day. We encourage our employees to be involved and to support activities that allow for personal and professional growth and development. As a not-for-profit organization, we also place a high priority on giving back to the communities in which we live.
If you are looking for an opportunity in a challenging, fast-paced and team-oriented work environment with a leading local organization, the career you’ve been looking for may be waiting for you at Medavie Blue Cross.
In this role, you will support the Administration and Claims Program (ACP) and projects within the program as the organization transforms its operating division and replaces our core operating system. You will collaborate with business partners and project teams to determine how changes to processes and technology will impact key stakeholder roles and jobs and recommend appropriate transition activities including organizational design, talent and competency assessment, and transition planning activities.As the Business Readiness Advisor, your key responsibilities will include:
As the ideal candidate, you possess the following Qualifications:
- Design and deliver appropriate approaches and plan activities to ensure employee readiness as a result of process and technology changes;
- Conduct readiness assessments, evaluate results and build action plans to mitigate or address any concerns with employee adoption;
- Identify change impacts as a result of the process and technology changes;
- Identify new skills and behaviours and develop plans to address skill gaps through skills and competency gap assessment;
- Develop initial workforce transition plans and recommendations with operations and then have human resources/organization development review, approve and deploy;
- Educate and consult with business partners in operations and project teams on the integration of people transition approaches and plans and deliverables;
- Prepare Program/project(s) communications and manage My Medavie ACP pages.
: Undergraduate degree in business or related field.
: 5-7 years progressive business/change management experience working on large scale transformational projects and managing process change initiatives that impact multiple departments within an organization.
: A solid understanding of change management and organization development methodologies and best practices; significant functional knowledge of human resources programs and processes, prior communication experience in a corporate environment and experience working in close partnership with multiple stakeholders in cross functional teams including Directors and Managers.
: Experience working with MS Office and SharePoint.
: Bilingualism in French and English is considered a strong asset.
You also demonstrate the following core competencies:
- Skilled at dealing with ambiguous information and can effectively cope with change;
- Able to think strategically and act tactically;
- Ability to build and leverage relationships among peers and senior management;
- Proven problem solving and analytical thinking skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to facilitate and write persuasively;
- Can easily translate complex information to be understood at all levels of the organization;
- Ability to use good judgment in driving best solutions and managing deadlines;
- Proven negotiation and influencing skills with the ability to manage conflict;
- Proven project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects;
- Resilient and able to deal with challenging situations in a positive manner;
- Experience in using survey and assessment tools to identify business needs and measure effectiveness of solutions.
If you are interested in working with a team of professionals in a challenging role and you possess the necessary qualifications, please follow the instructions for applying online via the Medavie Blue Cross Corporate website by clicking on the link below.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Citizenship - Useful Information
Please indicate in your application the reason you are entitled to work in Canada: Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit.
Reliability screening will be required.
Medavie Blue Cross is an equal opportunity employer.