Competition Dates - From:
|Wednesday, April 03, 2013
|Monday, April 15, 2013
|Full-time Term (12 months)
|$25,014 - $31,268
“To help improve the health and well-being of people and their communities.”
Recognized as one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Medavie Blue Cross understands each one of its 1,900 employees plays a key role in building a strong and successful organization. Throughout the six provinces in which we operate, we know our people make a difference in our customers’ lives each day. We encourage our employees to be involved and to support activities that allow for personal and professional growth and development. As a not-for-profit organization, we also place a high priority on giving back to the communities in which we live.
If you are looking for an opportunity in a challenging, fast-paced and team-oriented work environment with a leading local organization, the career you’ve been looking for may be waiting for you at Medavie Blue Cross.
Reporting to the Team Leader, Clinical Services, the Administrative Assistant provides support functions and assistance in the administration of the Nova Scotia Pharmacare Programs within the Nova Scotia Provincial Programs Division. This business unit is responsible for all aspects of service delivery related to Nova Scotia Pharmacare Programs.As an Administrative Assistant your key responsibilities will include:
As the ideal candidate, you possess the following qualifications:
- Completing monthly program reports for the Contract Management team and the Department of Health and Wellness (DHW) on an accurate and timely basis. This process includes:
- obtaining information on program activity from individual patient files and cheque requisitions;
- compiling and entering information into spreadsheets;
- converting information into approved format for the DHW;
- maintaining a list of current eligible clients of all small programs; and
- balancing reports with general ledger to assure accuracy of information/payments.
- Completing the initial process for all incoming Exception Status Drug Requests, ensuring the analysts have access to new requests, as well as maintaining the filing system for completed requests;
- Ensuring all publications are produced accurately in accordance to time lines stated in the contract and are professional in quality and content;
- Participating in the managing of the department’s budget (stock, catering, postage, printing, etc.);
- Preparing and processing material for off-site storage, maintain storage records and recall when necessary;
- Mail distribution and preparation for the Pharmacare team; and
- Providing assistance as required to support the Nova Scotia Provincial Programs business area, duties may include data entry, telephone support, organizing materials for mail outs, etc.
Post secondary education (diploma or certificate level) with a focus in Business Administration or related field with one to three years of related experience.
Knowledge of medical and pharmaceutical terminology would be considered an asset.
Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of products with a typing speed of 60 wpm or higher with 95% accuracy.
You also demonstrate the following competencies:
Demonstrates knowledge of customer needs and various processes and procedures in own work area as well as a general understanding of processes in related work areas. Has a broad understanding of how Medavie Blue Cross works.
Uses business knowledge and experience to solve routine problems. Asks questions to determine the sources of the problem; discusses possible solutions and makes suggestions.
Communicates clearly and confidently verbally and in writing to a variety of audiences. Demonstrates the ability to tailor information and delivery to suit the nature of the material, audience and situation.
Regularly handles routine customer questions and problems independently and proactively manages and monitors customer satisfaction while providing friendly and courteous customer service.
Execution and Organizational Skills
Organizes work and info in a well thought out manner to deliver on specific tasks and milestones to meet deadlines. Exhibits high levels of energy and perseverance on the pursuit of established goals.
Demonstrates an understanding of how the job contributes to the overall work unit and helps others with problem situations without being asked.
If you are interested in working with a team of professionals in a challenging role and you possess the necessary qualifications, please follow the instructions for applying on-line via the Medavie Blue Cross corporate website by clicking on the link below.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Citizenship - Useful Information
Please indicate in your application the reason you are entitled to work in Canada: Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit.
Reliability screening will be required.
Medavie Blue Cross is an equal opportunity employer.