Competition Dates - From:
|Wednesday, May 15, 2013
|Monday, May 20, 2013
|Bilingual Customer Service Representative
|$27,516 - $34,395
“To help improve the health and well-being of people and their communities.”
Recognized as one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Medavie Blue Cross understands each one of its 1,900 employees plays a key role in building a strong and successful organization. Throughout the six provinces in which we operate, we know our people make a difference in our customers’ lives each day. We encourage our employees to be involved and to support activities that allow for personal and professional growth and development. As a not-for-profit organization, we also place a high priority on giving back to the communities in which we live.
If you are looking for an opportunity in a challenging, fast-paced and team-oriented work environment with a leading local organization, the career you’ve been looking for may be waiting for you at Medavie Blue Cross.
As a Customer Service Representative, you are responsible for providing administrative support for the NBPDP. Working in a team environment, you communicate with key customers by telephone and/or in writing in a knowledgeable and personable manner. The incumbent works in a contact centre environment with a moderate to high call volumes. Performance is measured based on a combination of quality, timeliness and availability to the customer. The Customer Service Representative is required to remain current with respect to policy and procedure changes and will liaise closely with the Pharmacy Consultant, co-workers and Management. The goal of the Customer Service Representative is to be proactive about providing consistent, reliable customer service experiences. As a Customer Service Representative your key responsibilities will include:
As the ideal candidate, you possess the following qualifications:
- Serve as the initial contact resolution for incoming telephone calls;
- Assess customer needs and address issues in a timely manner, (including appropriate customer follow up) meeting quality objectives;
- Educate customers in understanding the program;
- Provide superior customer service by being proactive in meeting customer needs;
- Handle sensitive issues in order to ensure customer satisfaction, while demonstrating empathy and creativity;
- Produce clear and effective written materials;
- Adhere to privacy guidelines following proper procedures;
- Provide advice and recommendations to People Leader regarding procedures development relating to policy changes requested by the Department of Health;
- Support and follow policies defined by the Department of Health;
- Adhere to the performance measures under the Service Level Agreement Contract;
- Review and provide input for the maintenance and upkeep of the procedural documentation;
- Provide operational support to the Provincial Programs as needed.
High school and one year post-secondary diploma or equivalent
1 to 2 years relevant experience
Experience working in a PC setting with multiple software applications including experience navigating between applications and the internet. Strong keyboarding skills and the ability to enter data with speed and precision. To have accurate typing skills and a strong knowledge of PC software programs (particularly Microsoft office, Word and Excel);
Proficient in French and English both spoken and written is required for this position
- Highly effective listening skills to ascertain customers’ needs, and determine appropriate action required for resolution. Excellent verbal skills for explaining complex issues to customers. Excellent written communication skills.
- Possess excellent communication skills, both oral and written;
- Have the ability to work on a variety of tasks;
- Have a high attention to detail;
- Have a positive attitude and the desire to be a team player
- Work well with limited supervision;
- Work well in a fast-paced office environment;
- Possess good customer service skills;
- Have strong organizational skills and a high level of accuracy;
If you are interested in working with a team of professionals in a challenging role and you possess the necessary qualifications please follow the instructions for applying on-line via the Medavie Blue Cross Corporate web site by clicking on the link below.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Citizenship - Useful Information
Please indicate in your application the reason you are entitled to work in Canada: Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit.
Reliability screening will be required.
Medavie Blue Cross is an equal opportunity employer.